Matcha matcha matcha! We just love matcha flavored anything, so when we decided to combine one of our favorite desserts with our delicious buttery Matcha Pili Nuts- we knew we were on to something. They were also a fun opportunity to tap into our creative side to decorate each donut individually
- 1 1/4 flour (all purpose flour or gluten free!)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ceremonial Grade Matcha Powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (liquid or melted down)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon extract (I use either Vanilla or Almond!)
Toppings: Get creative here!
- We use a variety of Ecuadorian Matcha Pili Nuts, sprinkles, crushed pili nuts or more! Maybe even a dusting of more powdered sugar
Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, use a spoon to stir together the flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl or measuring cup combine all liquid ingredients. Make sure to fully melt down the coconut oil to a complete liquid state!
- Add to the flour mixture and mix together until you have a thick batter. If the batter looks too dry, add in more almond milk until desired thickness.
- Us a spoon to scoop the batter into the donut tray. You can also use the curved side of the spoon to smooth out the top of the batter. I also suggest using a paper towel to clean up the center and sides of the pan around each donut.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Touch the top of the donuts to make sure the donut springs back. When done baking, place the donuts on a cooling rack
- Begin mixing all the glaze ingredients together! Sifting the powdered sugar will make it easier to get a good glaze consistency. Mix together until there are no chunks!
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip the tops of each donut into the bowl of glaze. Top with whatever your heart desires! We suggest our delicious Matcha Pili Nuts.